HIM Department – Medical Coder
Johnson County Healthcare
Medical coding, Health Information Management. This job is located in Buffalo, Wyoming
Medical Coding needed in the Health Information Management Department at Johnson County Healthcare Center.
Full Time. M-F. This is an in-office position (not accepting remote at this time) as there will be other office duties within the job description.
We are looking for someone experienced in medical coding. This candidate must be capable of providing a high level of accuracy and productivity.
Main job description will be medical coding, however, there will be transcription for backup along with records requests and office duties.
- Responsible for coding clinic and hospital services
- Review of ICD10 codes for accuracy
- Adding appropriate modifiers
- Transcription for 9+ physicians
- Medical Records Requests
- Follow retention schedules and compliance guidelines
- Assist patients, other facilities, physicians and other team members in HIM needs
- Answer phone calls, fax, copy
- other duties as assigned
Certified Professional Coder
Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Complete knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and documentation requirements
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems (word processing, spreadsheets)
- Ability to type average 65 wpm
- Customer Service experience
- Maintain CEU’s for accreditation
- Multitask with multiple jobs given within any given day
- highly motivated and self-directed
High School or equivalent
Competitive pay and great benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off