Full Time Coder CCS, RHIT or Eligible
Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital
HSCMH is recruiting a full-time coder with CCS, RHIT or eligible preferred with previous hospital experience. This position is responsible for ICD-10-CM/CPT coding and abstracting of inpatient and outpatient records. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Health Information Management Coder shall be:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- RHIT or RHIA professional designation or must have an A.S. in Health Information or eligible to sit for a certification test in accordance with AHIMA or AMA standards with successful completion of the test within one (1) year from hire date.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience directly abstracting and applying codes.
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required.
- Position requires being very detail oriented.
- Overall familiarity with the use of office equipment – i.e. – computer, fax, phone, is necessary.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting, and to respect the confidentiality of patient information being received and reviewed.
- Demonstrate good organizational abilities.
Certified coding credential preferred or an A.S. of Health Information or eligible to sit for a certification test in accordance with AHIMA or AMA standards with successful completion of the test within one (1) year from hire date. If certified, credential must be maintained biyearly.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send resume with references to Human Resources Director, Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital, 150 E. Arapahoe, Thermopolis, WY 82443. Apply on-line at hscmh.org, FAX 307-864-5050 or e-mail email@example.com EEOE
Apply Online: http://hscmh.org