nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we’ve combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
The Director of Health Information Management has primary responsibility for the functions of Health Information Management (HIM), which includes: budgeting, monitoring, planning, and directing. The HIM Director is responsible for affecting the ongoing quality and efficiency for all areas and processes of the department. Important factors to the success of this position are strategic planning for process improvement and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with other key leaders, staff, and physicians.
- Departmental oversight of HIM functions and processes at client engagements.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team at client facilities to develop process improvement plans as necessary and implement processes, technology and procedures to deliver requested outcomes.
- Participate on all applicable committees and professional organizations and maintains personal and professional education and growth. Precyse will reimburse you for one credential due annually.
- Lead the ongoing development, interviewing, hiring and training of the HIM staff. Perform corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop strategic/tactical plans for the HIM Department.
- Write and updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Participate in the client referral program with incentive opportunities for cross-selling business in client accounts.
- Ensure compliance with state and JCHAO regulations.
- Support our Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- RHIA and Bachelors Degree in Health Information Management or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a Director of Health Information Management
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to work with physicians and staff to implement positive/effective change
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer technology and automated system designs for HIM
- Computer knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Epic experience preferred but not required
Our Location: Great Falls, Georgia
Instructions for Resume Submission: