Partnered Healthcare Solutions, LLC
We are looking to grow our team! We are a growing and thriving Medical Coding, Auditing and Consulting company in Cheyenne supporting clients throughout the State of Wyoming and across the United States.
Our coders use their knowledge and expertise to apply appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes based on the medical record documentation to individual patient medical encounters.
Must have strong knowledge of standard coding practices, guidelines and ethics. Our coders are (or get to become) documentation requirement experts. Must have working knowledge in the differences between coding and billing practices.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns ICD-10-CM, CPT, or HCPCS codes.
- Queries physicians and/or medical office staff when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to supervisor for resolution and ideas to support education of clients for appropriate documentation and reimbursement.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Medicare, Medicaid and health plan regulations and coding guidelines. Educates other coding and billing staff regarding changes to regulatory guidelines or coding practices.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and/or American Academy of Professional Coders and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Review, correct or approve all coding denials for all office keys within 48 hours of receipt of denial.
- Develop monthly coding update memo to all clients and providers with pertinent coding and/or billing changes to ensure communication chain.
- Supports and assists with data entry, telephone queries, and other duties as may be assigned for the overall development and progression of the organization.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA or AAPC approval status. CCS-P certification status preferred.
- Any/all credentials must be current and in good standing with credentialing body.
- Minimum of 3 years outpatient coding experience.
- Must have proven strong background in coding and reimbursement methodologies, regulation and guidelines relative to different specialties.
- Preference will be given to certified coders with progressive coding experience and/or surgical coding background.
- Must complete internal coding test with a score of 95% accuracy for all code assignments to be considered for the position.
- Prefer Associates Degree in HIM or related field.
- 100% company paid employee health insurance.
- 50% company paid dental insurance.
- 50% company paid vision insurance.
- 401(K) retirement plan after 1 year of service with safe harbor company match.
- Profit Sharing.
- Paid personal leave time.
- Holiday pay.
- Financial support for CEUs related to position.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements, resume and at least 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org