Cheyenne OBGYN is always looking for great people! We currently have an opening for a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist.
A nonexempt position responsible for coordinating, verifying, distributing, and managing all billable services using knowledge of applicable coding guidelines and rules and regulations. Accurately assigns and/or reviews diagnosis and procedure codes. Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on ICD-10-CM, HCPCS/CPT categories.
- Understand and interpret the Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) as it applies to charge entry.
- Verifies and ensures the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Coordinates with clinical staff to get charge information for all patients.
- Codes information about services and procedures performed based upon provider documentation and ensures accurate diagnosis codes on all services.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing.
- Conducts chart reviews to ensure proper coding and sufficient supporting documentation.
- Assists and confers with other coders and Billing Manager concerning any coding problems.
- Researches codes and medical terminology.
- Stays current with compliance and changing regulatory guideline.
- Assist in quality improvement activities as requested.
- Processes and distributes reports according to clinic policies and upon request.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through in-services, workshops and/or seminars.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical billing department where the primary responsibility was coding is amust.
- Certified Medical Coder (CPC, CCS, CCS-P) with high degree of competence in this area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Healthcare medical billing, claims processing and coding.
- Extensive knowledge on use of email, search engine, Internet; ability to effectively use payer websites; knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Experience with communicating to providers regarding coding.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with a high degree of drive, initiative and follow through in time sensitive task environment.
- Strong reasoning, critical thinking, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly shifting from big picture to detailed tasks, with high productivity, and regularly execute to deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Adhere to ICARE values
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry up to 20 lbs
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org